I assumed your comment:

I understand that...but THOSE contests are bad practices as well.

was in response to:

It's no different than a photo contest, art
contest or the contest Ray Camden runs occasionally for showing off what
you can do with your programing skills.

So even if you thought it was bad practice, you entered anyway? And you want
ray to believe you weren't talking about his contests?  I think you can see
where he, and others, might think you were.

--
Scott Stroz