I just got the "Free 3 of 9 Extended" font to work. Here is what I did:

I first added the font in the control panel "fonts" app of the server. I then
added the font in the CF administrator. I noticed that the font face and font
family were both isted as "new". I rebooted and when it came up they were both
still listed as "new". I opened up the TTF file to see what the name was
actually listed as. I then used that name in my css like so "font-family:Free 3
of 9 Extended;". It worked.

I can now print barcode labels using flashpaper. PDF still wants to make
everything portrait for some reason, even though I specify landscape.

Anyway hope this helps.

> I had trouble doing the exact same thing a few weeks ago.  Wound up
> using  the IDAutomationHC39M font from http://www.idautomation.
> com/fonts/free/
>

> > I'm having a problem using barcodes on a pdf created with
> Coldfusion's
> > Report Builder.  I followed the steps Jeff Houser identifies in his
>
> > Nov 2006 Coldfusion Developers Journal article entitled "Five Cool
> > Things I've Done with Coldfusion"(http://coldfusion.sys-con.
> > com/read/296187.htm) and still do not get the expected results.
> > Report Builder displays the value as a bar code but when my
> Coldfusion
> > page invokes myReport.cfr, the value displays in the default
> > (non-barcode) font.
> >
> > The "Free 3 of 9 Extended" font is installed on my local machine and
>
> > my development server.
> > I've used Coldfusion Administrator on my development server to
> verify
> > the font is listed in 'Font Management'.
> > The font is a TrueType font.
> > I've used Acrobat Professional to create a pdf with the barcode font
>
> > to verify that it can be used in a pdf.
> > I've displayed text on a Coldfusion page (on my development server)
>
> > using the barcode font.
> > Report Builder lists "Free 3 of 9 Extended" as an available font.
> > When I select the field in Report Builder and change the font name,
>
> > the value appears as barcodes.
> > In Report Builder, I've set the font as an embedded font.
> > In my Coldfusion page I have the statement

> > <cfreport template="myReport.cfr" format="pdf">

> > <cfreportparam name="BatchToPrint" value="#THIS_BATCH_ID#">

> > </cfreport>
> > When I execute my Coldfusion page, the field value on the resulting
>
> > pdf displays in the default non-barcode font.
> >
> > Does anyone have any suggestions as to why the pdf is not displayed
>
> > the barcode
font?