Hello Guys,

I've just bought myself a licence for the Alagad image cfc and have been
VERY impressed with it so far, damn quick that's for sure. I'm going to be
working mainly with GIF files which are not natively supported by java so
the component can't give me that function.

However, I've worked through Doug's tutorial
http://www.doughughes.net/index.cfm?event=viewEntry
<http://www.doughughes.net/index.cfm?event=viewEntry&entryId=88> &entryId=88
and got GIF exportation working perfectly well, however I'm struggling to
figure out how I can modify the image compression when working with GIF, the
cfc makes this very easy for other image formats but it requires the
writeimage() function which I'm bypassing as I'm using GIF.

One way to handle this I guess would be to write out a compressed jpg and
THEN parse that into the GIF encoder, but that seems a little hungry and
long winded.

Anyone know of a neat trick for handling this?

Thanks,

Rob