Well, the answer to be would be your background.

DW is a good design tool but it lacks methodologies, it lacks design
principles and last but not least is not an IDE for serious development.

1) with your background the design patterns that most frameworks offer
provide easy and quick coding with less effort to get things done with, but
this has nothing to do with Dreamweaver.
2) DW only allows for checking of code out of a repository, and locks it. I
haven't seend CS3 yet but when it comes to branching and merging of
developers code it does not support that.
3) Agile and TDD is no where near supported in DW3, and someone with your
background would realise that DW doesn't allow for these at all.

but one thing I will agree with is frameworks do not fit into every
situation, and that is why there are so many of them. Believe it or not when
you design your application to achieve what you want it to do then you are
creating a framework for that application. When Mach-II first became
popular, we had a framework in place that allowed us to get a CMS, email
campaign, and very complex master / details running very quickly because of
the framework we developed. It took SQL code away from us as the framework
took care of it, so we did not need to code anything. Just provide the XML
and business logic needed to get the app done. Now in a sense this is not an
MVC, or Coldspring or ORM approach but it worked well. But it was a
framework, it did not suit every design need for a website but it did enough
for us to get jobs done faster than anyone else could have.

But DW as I said, serioulsy has no concept of true SVN (Source versioning)
it works on check out check in, DW does not support test units and running
with a TDD environment and it certainly doesn't have the necessary tools to
do DB design etc.

I guess what I am saying is that if you are so educated, why are you asking
such a question.

Eclipse provides all and more, with the help of plugins. It provides the
ability to switch to a different branch to work on different version and
allows for very strong TDD and agile porgramming with the help of plugins
like mylar, jira and others.

but hey if you thin you can design efficent patterns in DW then so be it,
who are we to tell you otherwise.

Thats why you did not need to ask......