I should have specified, that I have to load mx 6.1 since that is what I'll be
using at my current work.

It's been 3 hours, and there's very little on the net, or google, related to
the problem(s) I am having.

Sure I can install 7 or 8 and it will probably install smoothly, but I want to
develop in what the production environment will be.

Anyway, I installed Apache 2.2.
After 2 hours of unsuccessfully installing and configuring mx 6.1 in the J2EE
configuration, I tried the single server version.

For some reason, after installing mx 6.1, I cannot restart my apache web
service.
I tried uninstalling and reinstaling mx 6.1 several times.  I also tried doing
the manual configuration for wsconfig, and manually extracting the
mod_jrun20.so.  But it won't work.  I don't understand, why this doesn't work
and why there isn't any documentation or anything in the adobe knowledge base
about it.

I'm stuck.....

Ali