Not sure how much effort you want to go to, but if you want to have it both
ways you could have a per-request object which has composed into it the
session-scope object.

Did you do that dump of the variables scope?  I'd be interested to see how
CFGRID is doing this.  I'd have a look myself, but my copy of CF8 is still
in a box on my desk.

Jaime Metcher