> Yeah, because only you know your sites security policy.
> I certainly don't want Joe Blogs able to upload files on a default CF8
> install.

Hi Tom,

Did you try using the file/image upload feature?

It wasn't like it was a flag which was disabled. The CFM file was "compiled"
and SAVED as disabled. There is NO WAY a normal user can enable it without
going to the FCKEditor site and get the original Configuration file.

> We're you on the beta ? Did you apply to go on the beta ?

Yup I was on BETA. I gave the feedback through normal channel and on the BETA
forum. I even wrote that the default connector was set to be ASP. The functions
that wasn't really supported were removed from the FULL toolbar configuration.

I was just disappointed by the sloppy way it was removed because doing some
actions like creating a hyperlink (do they expect no one to do that?) will
trigger options which weren't integrated properly.

Anyways, I would hope they revisit it and clean it up on the next patch. They
should do one of the following:
a) FIX the file manager/upload function. I know it works because I am using it
(though with the CFFM file manager). Of course, it could be set to disabled by
default but make the configuration file non-compiled so people can actually
configure the editor.
b) Or TOTALLY disable it. Remove references to BROWSE SERVER and UPLOAD FILE
from the program so that users can't accidentally access it. It will be hard to
explain to the higher ups why certain features are there but were disabled.

Am I asking something totally unreasonable?