From: Greg benson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2007 6:48 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: error with long form post

Have you ever had a problem with a form post being too long?

I am trying to post a form that uses fckeditor to post a large amount of
rich text.  5000+ chars.  I have also tried this with out fck editor and
just a normal textarea and still get the problem.  If the chars is small
then the post works.  I have read that different brioswers have url lenght
limist, but this is in a form post so it shouldnt be in the url. Am I
missing something that is making the form data end up in the url?

I get a error that says url too long.  this appears to be a browser error
and not a cfm or web server error.

I increased the limit in the cf admin to 1000 MB per post and still had the
same error.  (I set that back to a lower amount after testing)

The setup/environment:

I am using the post method in the form, cfserver 7.02 enterprise, windows
server 2000, have tried it with IE6 and the latest firefox.  IE wont even
submit the form, and firefox gives the error. Also using a standard submit
buttton, and have tried with a button calling the submit via javascript

After the post with a smaller amount of data all the data is in the url of
the address bar.  Is there a way to block that so the form post isnt in the
url? I havent had this problem before.

Any feedback would be great
Thanks
Greg