Alot if online merchants and offline merchants store your cards. The trick
is the encryption.  PCI allows for storage but you would need to have some
sort of solution for key management and encrypt.

Some examples of appliances for this is NChiper
http://ncipher.com/products/hardware_security_modules/10/nethsm/

I have done some projects with these in the past they are $$$ and you would
need atleast 2 incase one fails.

I am working a cheaper solution smaller scale solution. For the people that
cant afford 25K each LOL

Eric Haskins