From: Gerald Guido [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 1:37 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: do not increase counter is returns 0

>> I really don't think this response is appropriate and I'm sure that
most
of the community feels the same way.  How about next time instead of
saying
"You're an idiot," you either give some good advice or don't respond?
That
way there's no "waste of everyone else's time" reading posts that aren't
helpful.  You might also find that you'll get better responses to any
questions you have if you're nice.
--------------

Normally I do not get involved with this sort of thing but I feel the
need
to offer my unsolicited opinion. ;)

Katrina I agree with you 100% in spirit. There are a lot of ugly
"communities" on the web where people are flat out mean to each other,
and I
hate that with a passion. All in all, this is a very good group of
people.
IMHO, the CF community is one of the best on the net. There is some
bickering here and there but in general most everyone here is extremely
helpful and very polite. Often time people go *way out their way* to
help
people. Not to mention that some people here are down right brilliant.

With that said, before you pass judgment on Brian, please take a moment
review at the questions that Erik Tom posts here. I think you will find
that
nearly all of them are poorly thought out, poorly worded, full of
horrendous
grammar and spelling errors and at times don't even make sense. It is as
if
he doesn't care.

Look, we are talking about a guy who forwarded a Nigerian Lotto scam
email
to this list.

People come here to learn and share their knowledge with the community.
This
list is a two way street. If you expect someone to take the time to
answer
your question please be respectful enough to take the time to ask a
thoughtful, well worded question. Or at least Google it or crack open a
book
or RTM before post to a list. We are talking Netiquette 101.

Respectfully,
Gerald

--
"The important thing in science is not so much to obtain new facts as to
discover new ways of thinking about them."