Wil Genovese wrote:
> Are you this is not due to a login timing out? The 302 http error is a
> redirect code which makes sense if your login expired and your code is then
> trying to redirect the ajax call to the login page.

You may be on to something...there is CAS (single sign-on)
authentication wrapping this application.  I will direct my energies
that way and see what I can find.

> Can you determine which
> page the redirect is attempting to load?

I only see the 302 code and message 'Found' in the error handler for the
ColdFusion.navigate() call.  I'll dig into some logs and see what I can
find.

> This could still be a session timing out depending on how your application
> re-loads a users session. Do you have you application detecting users via a
> cookie and auto re-logging them in and re-building the session?  If so does
> the page the ajax call is referencing have the same ability to auto
> re-login?

Nothing fancy like that; when I said "handling" session timeout, I meant
detecting it in application.cfm and putting up an error page.  The ajax
error is appearing well before session timeout, though.

> Usually this is what has happened when I've seen this error in the past.
>
> Wil Genovese
> Sr. Web Application Developer

Thank you for the idea pointing to the authentication wrapper.