Tom Chiverton wrote:
> CS4 an IDE ? For ColdFusion coders ? Why - does it support proper IDE
> features like inspection and refactoring ?

I've never needed and not likely to use refactoring tools. To me that
goes into the category of snippets and "code sweeper", things that other
people find useful. The only snippet I use with any consistency is the
CF comment, which I set a keyboard shortcut for. Beyond that I don't use
them at all because they're not really helfpul to me - would actually
slow me down I think.

Inspection might be useful, but I'm not generally slowed down enough by
a lack of inspection to worry about it.

1. Ctrl+F
2. enter '<cffunction name="functionIWant"'
3. Find All
4. Double-click the search result -> BAM! List of arguments

But even that I don't do very often because I can usually remember the
arguments the same way I remember the native function arguments and tag
attributes (with a couple exceptions like datediff).

--
s. isaac dealey  ^  new epoch
 isn't it time for a change?

http://onTap.riaforge.org/blog