> <cfset BootstrapClassLoader = createObject("java", "coldfusion.bootstrap.Boot
> strapClassLoader").SystemClassLoader.newInstance("com.sun.speech.freetts.Voic
> eManager")>
>
> <cfset VoiceManager = createObject("java", "coldfusion.runtime.java.JavaProxy
> ").init(BootstrapClassLoader)>
> <cfset Application.VoiceManagerInstance6 = VoiceManager.Instance>

I'm not the most knowledgeable expert with regard to Java, but this just
looks to me like it was written by someone with Java experience, who
didn't bother to even test anything in ColdFusion and instead simply
assumed (wrongly) that everything in CF would work exactly the way he's
used to things working in Java... blech...

Random guess (I haven't tried this), replace the entire 3 lines with
this:

VMInstance = CreateObject("java","com.sun.speech.freetts.VoiceManager");

Then set Application.VoiceManager6 to that.

The extra classes he created look to me like classes that are probably
instantiated automatically by CreateObject(), so using CreateObject to
instantiate them would be (I believe) just doubling up on those classes
and actually slowing them down, since you would be reflecting the
reflection. That's just a guess, but that's what it looks like to me.

--
s. isaac dealey  ^  new epoch
 isn't it time for a change?

http://onTap.riaforge.org/blog