They can't see that much on one screen anyway.  So break it up and only give
them 500 at a time.  You can use startrow and maxrows for that.

Or you can spit it out in a .csv file that will pop up in excel or
openoffice.  I did this all the time with CF8 and it is even easier now with
cf9 because you can use cfspreadsheet.