> > http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/2988647.stm
> >
> > Highlight: "He was also a notoriously confusing lecturer."
> >
> > Does not say to me "pretty good at communicating with people", but of
> > course, you can interpret it how you like.
>
> I think that you're reading way too much into a single pullquote.
> Perhaps his lectures simply covered notoriously confusing topics?

Well the quote was just a highlight. But if you want the real in-depth
thought process behind this...

The most respected minds in the health / psychology community regarding
Autism (Simon Baron-Cohen in particular) are citing similarities between
Einstein and people with Asperger Syndrome (which wasn't added to the
books in the US until the mid 90's despite the fact that early research
started in the mid 40's).

Challenges with communication are one of the most salient features of
Asperger Syndrome and other Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD). In fact,
they are a diagnostic requirement.

So it's unlikely imo that they would be including Einstein in their
research as an example of someone who may have had the condition unless
they were finding significant examples of communication difficulty in
their research.

The fact that his lectures were notoriously confusing is just a
convenient highlight for the BBC article on the subject. I don't think
I'm reading too much into the quote, no.

Here's the video of Nobel Laureatte (economics) Vernon Smith who has
Asperger Syndrome. I suspect this is rather similar to what the
researchers are finding in their study of Einstein.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/7030737#7030737

--
s. isaac dealey :: AutLabs
Creating meaningful employment for people with Autism

http://onTap.riaforge.org/blog