> I realised that ColdFusion is allowed to make use of
> <CFOBJECT> to call EJB (Enterprise JavaBean) methods and
> also it's able to use XML via WDDX.
>
> I was just wondering, is it possible that we use ColdFusion
> to create a 3-tier Web Application whereby we have EJB to take
> care of the business logic (Business Tier) and ColdFusion
> coding to take care of the layout and presentation of the
> web pages?

Yes, it's possible to do this. I don't know of any projects that are using
EJBs to that great an extent, so you'll want to test this approach in a
prototype first, but quite a few projects use COM/MTS in this way.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444