In the corporate IT department, PHP is usually less of an option than CF. Also if a
"corporate IT department" can't afford CFServer, then they have other problems, like
how to run a web site on used Commodore-64s.

"The need to deliberate the issue further is a mute point."
I'd be careful about arguing this. It sounds like he strongly doesn't want to debate
the facts, no matter who is right.