I am populating a cfgrid from a query. One of the fields in the db is a
currency field and I would like the price to be displayed in the cfgrid
using the format $25.00. Since I can't format the field using a <cf> format
function (I don't think anyway), I need to pull it out of the database using
a database format function. But I can't figure out how to get it out. I've
tried stuff like:

select Dollar(price)
from tbl

select Dollar(price, 2)
from tbl

select Currency(price)
from tbl

etc.

None of the things I've tried seem to do the job. I've been able to get
several other fields properly formatted but this dollar thing is avoiding
me. The field gets displayed simply as 25.0000.

Thanks for what is I am sure a simple answer that I have just stupidly
overlooked.

Paul Sinclair