> I have configured to have ColdFusion process HTM and HTML pages and have
> pointed IIS to point .htm and .html files to the
> ColdFusion engine as well as updated the web.xml file.
>
> The problem is, .html and .htm files won't bring up Windows security prompt
> to log in.  All of the .cfm do.  Any idea why this stop
> working?  Thanks.

Configuring CF to process HTML files doesn't have anything to do with
user authentication. My guess is that you have filesystem permissions
on the HTML files set to allow everyone or the IIS anonymous user to
read/execute.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsi