While site security is an important issue with the +.htr
bugs or anything that expose your source code I want to
point out a few things.

NEVER put the username and password in your templates!

Always write your queries so that a new query cant be passed
via a URL and do what they want, that should NOT be possible.

A proper encryption scheme for credit cards will render
encrypted CC data totally useless. Encrypt with your
public key, key the private key is completely offline or
at least internal network only. As many people have
suggested to me, just plain dont store the CC, but if
its a must it can be done with a good degree of security.

In my mind as I have previously expressed the largest
danger is the exposure of your intellectual property
and everything that goes with that.

Assuming you are properly coding your CF data modification
via Raw queries should not be possible. If someone just
happens to find one little omission and they wreak havoc on
your DB and render your site useless, backups can cure that
situation quite easily. What you cant fix is the fact that
someone now has their own copies of your code. You cant just
undo that from someones memory. All of these other issues
are peripherial to good programming practice and good business
practice.

Jeremy Allen
elliptIQ Inc.