Yes.  Upgrade to the latest version of FCKEditor,  or even to the new CKEditor.

IF you are using the built-in editor in CF8,  you will find there's a
FCKEditor folder in the forms files   (in CF9 it's at
\CFIDE\scripts\ajax\FCKeditor  and from memory I think that's where it
is in CF8 too).   You can upgrade your version by unzipping the
FCKEditor download into that folder, making sure you have the newer
versions of the files in the same places.

The latest versions of the product produce XHTML as default,  and you
can edit the configuration if you want to use the older HTML

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion 9 Enterprise, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month