Sorry if this ends up being a dupe post.

I'm working on a client site that already had a CF Form in place using cfinput
and validation via required="yes"

We added some select boxes that are required and as most of you know CF forms
don't really validate those. So, I am using jquery to validate the select boxes
when the form is submitted.

The problem I am running into is this: The jquery portion works AND the CF
validation errors are thrown as well. But if I fill in all the selects that are
validated via jquery and do not to fill in the fields that are being required
via cfinput required="yes", the error is thrown but the form still submits.  Is
this because of the jquery on submit validation?  Has anyone run into this
before, is there an easy fix, outside of moving the cfinput validation into the
jquery validation?

Kelly Matthews
Web Developer
http://www.cfwebtools.com