I've been setting up a couple of CF apps and before I get too deep into
them, I am trying to make sure the locking process is properly set up. I
have set up the CF Server (via the Administrator screens) to do Automatic
read locking of session variables. Am I correct in assuming that even with
this setting I will have to use <cflock> anytime I am using <cfset> to
create a session variable or WRITING to a session variable; but that for any
templates that are merely reading the session variable, I do not need a
<cflock> tag?

Thanks for clarification on this for me.

Paul Sinclair