Ehh, just a personal preference but I like the load balancer
setup to all be coming to one IP and *then* being rerouted not
forcing someone to type "www3.xyz.com" I realize some aliases
are useful but for only the main portion of the companies site.

I guess I should have pointed out I think of it as silly both ways.
I just think for redundancy you should map a very common thing such
as the root domain, to each their own I know to check both but
some people may and do get a lil misdirected at times, as evidenced
on the reason this thread was started.

Jeremy Allen
elliptIQ Inc.