What does efficiency have to do with it?

You will not change my mind on the use of cfabort, pure and simple. CFError
was introduced to capture errors, and it does a good job of it too. But my
question is if you are not using onRequestEnd.cfm what does it matter if you
use cfabort or not? Personally I would tentd to not use it, because there
might come a time when you need to use the onRequestEnd.cfm for other things
and you will end up scratching your head trying to work out why it is not
getting run.

Just the same as one has used a CFML template to deliver a PDF, that is an
actual cfml template again. Enough said..

Regards,
Andrew Scott
http://www.andyscott.id.au/