Running ColdFusion Server Standard 9,0,0,251028 and using CFGRID for the first
time in years.  It was going just fine until I started trying to implement a
filter.

First I found Dan Vega's blog:
http://www.danvega.org/blog/2008/3/10/ColdFusion-8-Grid-Filtering

I downloaded his source and ran it... the grid displays, but no filter.  I'm
not proficient at debugging Ajax, but what I did do was:

1) Copy the toolbar.js and button.js to the same directory as the code to be
sure.  I did this because the path on my server to these files was different
than the path his example expected... when that didn't work I used the webs to
borrow someone else's copy that was in the path Vega expected... but of course
that still didn't work.

2) I then wanted to check the first step of all the js setup and wrote an alert:
   alert(ColdFusion.Grid.getGridObject('ArtistGrid'));
   result: "undefined"

Vega's example was written for CF 8.  I found another one that was written for
CF9: http://www.thecfguy.com/post.cfm/add-header-in-cfgrid-in-coldfusion-9

This too used the Artist dsn so I copied it verbatim and tried it out.  Same
stuff.  No actual errors but the EXT toolbar doesn't display, the alert shows
"undefined" and I don't really know what I can do to diagnose what is going on.

Any help?  Can someone run these examples on CF 9 and let me know if it works
fine for them?  If it DOES, any clues what is my malfunction?  Is it that I
don't have the 9.01 update installed (not my choice, that... I don't have
control over these servers).

-Patti