Thanks for the replies. I got my scenario wrong I guess. So when the user
select a year say '2000' and proceeds to next page to see some data for that
year. then he clicks 'ctrl + n' to open new window. and now he wants to
select a different year say 2003 and want to see 2003 data. The purpose for
new window is to compare 2000 and 2003 data.

I see that session scope/client scope are not valid in this type of case.
Any thoughts?