New to using cfgrid and have a question or two.

I'm using a cfselect input with a query. It's possible that two or more items
that are displayed will be very similar so I'll have the cfgrid in a hidden div
that the user can pop open and do a lookup there where more information is
displayed about each entry. For updates or inserts I plan on using a submit
button that triggers a ColdFusion.Ajax.submitForm call (I don't want to process
the entire form at this point).

I think I have the javascript/jquery to append to my select box if an insert is
made. Any suggestions on how to allow users to make their selection (without an
update or insert) from the cfgrid => Ajax => callback routine where it can then
be handled?