Actually, the save and refresh buttons are a part of the html cfgrid, I didn't
create them and you're correct that I'm using CF9.

>The CFGrid is based on the ExtJS 3.1 (from memory, not sure if it was
>upgraded past that point), on ColdFusion 9. So unless stated otherwise I am
>going to assume ColdFusion 9. I've added the cfajaxproxy cfc script at the top
>of the page, but I've never used it before, so I'm not sure I'm using it
>right. I was under the impression that it created a direct link to the cfc so
>that any changes would automatically refresh the bound fields. My cfajaxproxy
>script is:
<cfajaxproxy cfc="editGrid" jsclassname="editGrid"> and it's loaded just before
the <html> tag for the page. I tried using Coldfusion.Grid.refresh in a
<script> tag at the end of the function that updates the grid's data in the
database but it didn't have any effect. Should I have put it into a <cfsript>
tag instead?