I might be wrong ( i sometimes have been known to be wrong, but not very
often) but I thought GMT didnt have daylight savings.   I thought GMT was
the same all year round, and it was the timezone at London that changed
daylight savings.

Or is it just that UTC was constant and sometimes was the same as GMT but
not always.

But if i'm right, maybe you need to set your locale timezone to something
other than GMT, thereby automatically adjusting for daylight savings.

I dont have the problem, because my timezone is Sydney/Australia - and
while my servers are in California and Texas,  i have no problem keeping
all my ColdFusion time clocks at Sydney time automatically.  The server
clocks are set to UTC however and I set the timezone to Sydney/Australia.
 Done.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion 9 Enterprise, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month