>t why rewrite
>the wheel when documented frameworks already exist
>
>Learning another language to do what can be done as easily by the language
I've been using for years looks like reinventing the wheel to me.

That's the advantage of Less (and SASS too for that matter) - you dont
learn any new syntax.  It uses CSS syntax to do nearly everything.

I was thinking about how I could write my own preprocessor because I have a
CMS that i customise by changing colours mostly, and i was thinking about
how I could have a settings table or something and use CFFILE to output a
stylesheet   when I heard about LESS and to my delight - there it was!
The very thing I was planning to write,  was already written!    And it
took me about 10 minutes to learn what I needed to learn to use it.

"The best way to predict the future is to help create it"

--
Cheers
Mike Kear