Thanks Timothy.  It's a new behaviour i havent seen before.

I'm at a client's office.  I look into my gmail,   i sign out,  then just
to be sure i'm signed out i go to http://mail.google.com  adn there i am -
ready to log in just add password - it's saying it's remembered my account
on this computer just in case i want to log in again some time in the
future.

It's one thing to do that on my own computers, but how do i stop it doing
that on my client's computers?

Cheers
Mike Kear