>  >>so it becomes a part of the client side page request
> "against your will" as it were.
>
> Yes, but this rises a question:
> If my window.onerror can get events from some plugin code, this means that
> this code is embeded and is treated as if it belonged to my window.
> Thus, it has access to everything in my window, including the document,
> forms, input fields in the forms, even those containing passwords, etc.
>
> What kind of breach is that?

This is exactly how user scripts work. They are installed by the user
in some fashion, and can control browser functionality. This is how
online password managers work, how Greasemonkey works, etc, etc, etc.
If a user installs malware, of course that malware can do this sort of
thing. There's nothing magically sacrosanct in HTTP or HTML to prevent
this sort of thing.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
1-202-527-9569
http://www.figleaf.com/
http://training.figleaf.com/

instruction at our training centers, online, or onsite.