I have dealt with Paypal in the past in a position similar to Al's.    They
are totally impenetrable when it comes to discussing anything.    There is
no way to get in contact with any human about anything.   All you ever get
is a form letter related to the first word the automated support system
recognises in your request.     There is no one to phone,  no person you
can email, no office you can visit.

Their attitude related to any kind of customer complaint about software or
virtual goods (such as rights or licences or domain names etc)  where no
physical goods are shipped  is to reverse the transaction and that's it.
No appeal,  no discussion,  take it up with the customer.   So you are very
vulnerable to fraud if you are supplying anything where no physical goods
are shipped.  A donation is definitely in that  category.

I wouldn't touch Paypal with someone else's 40 foot barge pole - by their
attitude they actively encourage fraud.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion 9 Enterprise, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month