From: John Pullam [mailto:jpul...@mcleansystems.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2015 8:08 AM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Cannot access session variables in a cfc

My app is running in a CF10 system and since I moved my cfc's out of the
document root, they are losing access to the session variables. It seems
that they work for around a day and then can no longer be found. I
initialize them in my application.cfm to a value and I can still cfdump them
in a regular web page, but the cfc fails with the error "Element XXX is
undefined in SESSION".

Is this normal behaviour? If it is, then what is the alternative method of
passing a variable into the cfc (other than making it a parameter when
calling)?