I have run into this very issue.  If I remember, it ended up being a corruption
in the web.config default documents.  Try rebuilding that section.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Gerald Guido [mailto:gerald.gu...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 27, 2015 1:52 PM
To: cf-talk
Subject: 500 error/Permission issue with IIS 7

I have been down the rabbit hole with this all day and have not been able to
figure this out. I have been all over The Google with no love.

We followed the CF 11 lockdown guide and got everything working fine for 2
domains/applications. We went to set up a third domain that uses subdirectories
as the root directory for seperate applications and we get a
500 error (details below) when we hit a subdirectory like so:

http://www.mydomain.com/somedir/

But if I add index.cfm to the URL like below everything works fine.

http://www.mydomain.com/somedir/index.cfm

 And, yes, the default document is set to index.cfm and the permissions for all
the sub directories are identical to the domains what work (as per the lockdown
guide).

IIS error details

Module IsapiModule
Notification ExecuteRequestHandler
Handler cfmHandler
Error Code 0x80004005

Anyone have an idea how to remedy this situation?

As always, many TIA,

G!

*Gerald Anthony Guido*
Nullius in verba <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullius_in_verba>