When I read these messages, I checked one of my old websites that
uses paypal integration services and found  that it stopped
working.  Payments were getting processed but the results
confirmation didn't work. This is on Coldfusion 8.
Thanks to this thread I found the problem and fixed it.. but just to
make it faster for others...
the certificate needed is the Verisign G5 certificate which you can
get at
https://knowledge.verisign.com/support/mpki-for-ssl-support/index?page=content&actp=CROSSLINK&id=SO5624

To see if you have it installed - and to install it if you don't, use:

https://github.com/webdevsourcerer/CF-CertMan
and install the version for your coldfusion version.

After installing, you need to restart the cold fusion service.

For those that like details, the paypal notice is at
https://ppmts.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/471495/1425083092/redirect/1/filename/2015%20Merchant%20Security%20System%20Upgrade%20Guide%20(U.S.%20English).pdf

Thanks