Hmpf, See my previous comment... ;-D

j/k I already did state my solution tho.

Either use a name letter .. always store the
first letter of the last name in its own
column, index that column.

Or do a query and on the last name field
do where lname = Lower(Left(LName, 1)) = 'letter'

If you are wanting to make the ones without
someone unclickable it would be a little
more complex, but still doable with one efficient
query.. I would lean towards just storing the
name letter and indexing that column.

In your query if you wanted the entire list without
pulling up specific members.. you would just select
the distinct name letter's and order it...

Checking for each individual letter with a separate
if check would also be cumbersome..

So, I personally would make a list of the alphabet loop over that
list creating a structure for each letter, no members
for that letters structure then you just display
the letter and no link... :)

Jeremy Allen
elliptIQ Inc.