Thanks Raymond.

Am I right in figuring the code you emailed searches for an occurrence of
"AST" in the "ASTIndex", "ASTAI", and "ASTFT" columns?

I should have explained it's the other way around; I'm searching for
"ASTIndex", "ASTAI", and "ASTFT" in the "AST" column and then doing a
separate count for each of those three texts.

In displaying the count with: <CFOUTPUT QUERY="GetAsT">#counter#</CFOUTPUT>
I'm also stumped. How do I get each separate count to display with
<cfoutput>?

Thanks again for the anticipated help.

Robert O.