Not gzip.

Use the command line utility "zip"

Gzip uses a different compression algorithm.

Granted winzip speaks gzip its still better
to use the zip command line utility there
is a huge difference in "zip" and "gzip"

Gzip needs something like tar to create an archive
of files.

Zip like I showed allows you to create a valid
archive that is just like a PKZIP archive.

try this out at your nearest unix command line......

"man zip" and "man gzip"

:)

Jeremy Allen
elliptIQ Inc.