From: Terry - it-werks.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, February 11, 2001 07:49
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Crystal Reports - Active X Viewer

Ok I confess I am lost.
I have been working with Crystal Reports for almost 5 years now and Cold
Fusion for since version  1.5 or maybe it was 2 and until yesterday was
never concerned with the active-x viewer in a web environment. Could someone
post some example code, steps necessary to get this enabled on a website to
allow users to view reports with that viewer, or at least lets start a
discussion on that topic.

The site in question is running on O'Reilly Pro on NT4 with Cold Fusion 4.01
and Seagate Crystal Reports v 7 installed on the server. I do not know
anything about what options he chose when he installed Crystal. If it
requires version 8 I will get him to upgrade and if it requires him to do a
re-install to change anything in his Crystal configuration he will do that
as well. The reason I am lost here is in all the reading I have done
regarding this it seems everything is pointed towards ASP as the development
language and IIS as the http server. Please help me here so I can get a good
nights sleep again. Oh, I already tried the CF_CR_ACTX tag from the Allaire
Tag Archive and it says it cannot load the object and I have been unable to
get past that.

Terry