> > Databases do this stuff for you; that's what transactional
> > database processing is all about. I'd strongly recommend using
> > transactions within the database to do this instead of CFLOCK.
>
> how about <cftransaction>?

CFTRANSACTION allows CF to take advantage of transaction processing within
the database. Personally, I prefer moving transactional logic into stored
procedures, but either way, you're doing essentially the same thing -
letting the database handle transaction processing.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444