> They claim they have CF functionality available without the need
> for CF Server. I'm not sure I get this. Did they rewrite all of
> the CF tags in Java? And if so, a small development shop has done
> this, what's the hold up on Allaire getting it done?

I could rewrite most of CF4 in c++ myself in a month or three. So I ask
myself that question as well some times. But to be fair, they do have to
support multiple platforms and the various editions. There is also a lot of
overhead involved in creating an refining a product that doesn't exist when
making a straight clone.

(Also, from what I've read of it... if you equate Allaire's CF to Oracle
then tagfusion would be a bit like mysql. If you get my point.)

--min