I first developed web apps in ASP but soon discovered CF.  But I was one of those who
came from a programming background -- 10+ years in VB, C, RPG, and COBOL.  I gladly
embraced CF for something that none of these other languages offer: simplicity and
speed of development.  Having coded CF full-time now for over three years I have yet
to encounter a situation where I wished I was back in ASP-land.  Plus I have never
encountered a language where it is easier than CF to decipher and understand code
written by someone else -- even bad code.

Also, CFQUERY sure beats all that ADO code.