OK, here is my problem, I have two program running on different servers that
query and update the same field in the same database. I am running into
concurrency problems where users happen to be running the same program at
the same time and end up updating the field with the wrong info. What I need
to do is lock the query so that only one client can query the value of the
field at once, so that when they do the update, the right info is entered.

I know if I change the query to a stored procedure, SQL Server will take
care of this for me, however the query is so dynamic that I really dont want
to do that. I may have to end up doing that though, unless anyone can help
me here...

So is there a way to manually lock a row for the duration of a select
statement with a cfquery statement?

jon