From: Michael Dinowitz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2001 11:46 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: New CF5 Partner Hosting License

All I can say is, lets wait and see what the price change is. I can't see
CFHosting saying that every customer has to fork up an extra $100 a month
for licensing. An extra $5 or $10, maybe but not a major amount. And that's
all based on the license. Lets say that the license is an extra $2000. On a
shared box with 10 sites that can come to an additional start up fee of $200
or less. Now take into account that most smaller sites may be 50 or 100 to a
box (I'm not sure of exact numbers). So a hosting company may say
"If you want to move up to a box with CF 5 on it we're charging a moving fee
of $20-$50". Doing that as a one time thing will either take care of the
licensing or close enough to it.
As I've said in the past, I know the people at CFHosting (yes, I'm biased).
I don't think they're going to screw the community or themselves on this.
Same goes for the other hosts as well. I also don't think that A/MM is going
to try and destroy the hosting business. They want to make money (who
doesn't) but they also have an eye towards the future. Getting licensing
money from hosting companies isn't as painful as if they asked us ALL for an
extra few thousand. But as I said in the beginning of this post, lets wait
and see.