Ok, I upgraded my local machine to SQL Server 2000 today, and I didn't move
over the cfvar db where I keep my client vars, because it's my dev machine
and it's not really important anyway. I went into the administrator one, and
tried to delete the cfvar listing in the administrator and got an error
stating:

Invalid client variable storage specified.
The name you specified, 'CFVAR', has not been enabled as client variable
storage

Now whenever I even try to get into the administrator it throws the same
error. So I went into the registry and changed the
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Allaire\ColdFusion\CurrentVersion\ClientStores\D
efaultStore key to null, registry, another datasource...nothing affects the
error, it stays the same.

This is with CF 5b3 so it might be a  beta issue, if it is i'll ask this
there. Any ideas though?

jon