Problem resolved! There was a hidden folder named _vti_cnf under inetpub
that had strange stuff in it. Once this folder was cleared out CF began to
work fine. We had a four hour four-way conference call going between
Allaire/Macromedia, Microsoft, our server guy, and myself to resolve this
problem. I have to say that I was quite impressed with both the Allaire and
MS guys (John and Somu). They both hung in there with great thoroughness,
patience, and tenacity, neither one pointing the finger at the other (well,
maybe just a little bit) until we found the solution. Only geeks would
appreciate the cheer that went up across the four phone lines when I clicked
on the link to the .cfm file for the thousandth time and it worked! Thanks
to all who answered my pleas for help.

George
[EMAIL PROTECTED]