Maybe it's just a problem with the looping condition or code within the
loop, but if you're sure it's not...

AFAIK CFHTTP on windows uses the wininet.dll, which has various 'issues'
(MS speak for 'bugs'). One of these is a limited number of concurrent
connections per server. Check these articles:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q183/1/10.ASP
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q238/4/25.ASP

I'm gonna send cfx_http files in a direct email in case you want to use it,
but it's limited in what it can do - great for spidering, but no POST
support and it also uses the wininet.dll. I'd recommend the ASPHTTP
component available from ServerObjects.com, if you find the problem is
really a CFHTTP one, especially if it's related to wininet.dll (ASPHTTP
doesn't use it).

Mark