did you look at the .CFM file that downloads and actually see CF code? or is
it all HTML?

-----Original Message-----
From: David Grabbe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2001 9:33 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Netscape allows script downloads???

OK, So I have some RealAudio files on my website, and I have 2 different
types of links for each file:  one link starts the RealAudio player, the
other link is so the user can just download the file.  For both of these
links I point to a script keeps track of how many times this particular RA
file has been downloaded.  In IE, everything for the download works fine --
the user right-clicks, selects "Save file as", and we're all good.  In
Netscape, I do a right-click "Save link as", and instead of the script
executing and then pointing to the correct RA file, the *script* is what
suddenly becomes available for download -- not good, because it contains
SQL, DSN info, etc.  I then realized that (in Netscape) I could right-click,
"Save link as" and download ANY .cfm file, whereas IE executes the script
first and lets you download the resulting rendered web page.  Is this an IIS
setting?  Any ideas on how to keep my scripts from being downloaded???

TIA

Cheers,
David